Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 360 started with a handful of members in E. St. Louis , Illinois on June 19th, 1909. The original Charter consisted of Plumbers, Steam Fitters, Gas Fitters, and Steam Fitter Helpers. The original Officer Secretary was William J. Stewart who served from August 8th, 1909 to November 20th, 1909.
Before the introduction of social security numbers, the United Association assigned blocks of membership numbers to each local with the issuance of the charter. The locals frequently reused the numbers when members left the local. Small locals used the initial block of numbers for months or years after the charter date. Therefore not all members listed in the initial block are charter members.
Around 20 years ago, the group moved its headquarters to Collinsville under the direction of the Dave DeGonia who was Business manager at the time, where the local currently resides.
The Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 360 has grown from its humble roots into a strong organization of 200 members in Clinton, Madison, Monroe, and St. Clair Counties.
In addition to providing a strong voice for their members and ensuring that they receive fair wages and benefits, Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 360 also provides support to several charitable organizations, including The United Way, Salvation Army, and Special Olympics.
The current makeup of officers are: Business Manager/Financial Secretary Don DeGonia, Recording Secretary Steve Sendejas, President Nick Dodson, Vice President Tom Kowalski, and Executive board members Bob Barger, Pat DeGonia, Dan Harrison, and Prescott Whittaker.
The members of Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 360 serve as models of hard work, integrity, and dedication for the people of Illinois.